Sunday 19 October 2014

The Day I Had No Voice

Just before my parents came back and before I caught this chikungunya bull shit, they fogged in a neighbouring area, driving all of the Mosquitos to Wanstead Gardens. As I was being maul springed by the bitches I used this insect repellant my cousin left back and within 
10 minutes, my right tonsil went on me. I couldn't talk, I couldn't swallow and worst of all, I couldn't sing. 

I'm accustomed to driving mum's jeep with my music up to all and singing at the top of my lungs. That day, I had no voice. Everytime one of my favourite tunes came on I had no voice, I couldn't scream and shout and let it all out, I couldn't lose to win again, I couldn't let any bitch kill my vibe and I couldn't be flawless. That's when I realised, that I have a gift, one I don't use and maybe it's the avenue, finding the right one, but there is something about singing to others that feel what you feel. 
I have sung in almost every capacity, but there is nothing like singing the Holy Ghost spirit to some souls that need it, guess that's from coming up in the church. But I feel everything, once that spirit gets in my bones, whether it's jazz, RnB, Gospel and even Hip Hop, the way it comes out, I feel good and I feel happy. 

The day I lost my voice made me realise that we are given so many talents but it's up to us to choose how to use them. I might not use mine in the way I should, and I need to get back in that space , but I urge you to use your talents. Don't waste them. You never know what you'll be missing. You'll never know whose lives you will and can touch. 

Sing, Write, Read, do what you do best, but don't lose that voice. 

May the Road RISE to meet you! 

Gros Bisous

VernĂ©e 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try not to create a space of negativity, my mum always told me, 'If you have nothing good to say, then don't say anything at all'.