Sunday 1 February 2015

The God In You.

Jay Z once said 'I was born a God, made myself a King, that means I downgraded to a Human being, you was born a Goddess, I made you my queen which means we upgraded to Louis the Thirteen' 

We always have the argument of man being called Gods and Goddesses, but if we claim that God is omnipotent, in everywhere and everything, has no gender, no race or creed, then why can't God be in you and me? 

I do not consider myself the religious type, I've expressed this before, I really am spiritually based, forming my love for The Divine on faith and what The Lord has done for me but I know that on the history and teachings of my ancestors, God is in every one of us. 

I urge you to see God in you. Not for power or fame, but for love of self, love of your brothers and sisters, love of all things around you, from the tallest tree to the tiniest ant. I urge you to find that kindness that dwells deep within so that you may understand your purpose on earth, your purpose towards your people. I see God in sooo many people that it touches me daily as to how they use their talents to incite change and to spread love, I compel you to continue. 

To those of you who don't believe in God, but still do great things, doesn't matter, there is still a God in you. Continue to be great, continue to be profound but most of all, continue being you. How can we settle for less when there is something so unbelievably brilliant within us? 

Thank you for seeing the God/Goddess in me. 

May the road RISE to meet you.

Vernée

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try not to create a space of negativity, my mum always told me, 'If you have nothing good to say, then don't say anything at all'.