Friday 10 October 2014

If this isn't Love

 Jazmine Sullivan started off with 'Nobody ever love me, quite like you, your love is like... I got a real good dude who loves me a lot and ain't no other man is gonna take his spot and I, I'm so happy you're mine, so imma love you a long time.'

These last three weeks have been a blur, but there was nothing more exciting than waiting to hear the gate open, those feet climb the steps, and keys turn the lock. 

Why?

Because my baby was home. I never realised our connection until we spent the last three weeks together. I guess it was more like an introduction to what living together would be like and even though he holds me at night like he's afraid that I'm going to leave, I've found myself craving that hug, falling asleep on his chest and even rolling over in the morning after being way to high off my meds even though I can never remember his kiss goodbye with the best part smelling his side knowing that he'll be home soon to give me annoying hugs and kisses.

I feel his pain and he feels mine but it hurts more when he is down mostly because I'm accustomed to being down. 
'If this isn't love, then tell me what it is cuz' I've never felt like this baby, if this isn't love, l o v e, what it means to me I o v e, if this isn't love'. 

Doesn't matter what you want to call him:- boyfriend, fiancé or Kyle this dude is or has done something to me. As I lay on his pillow and smell his cologne, I dread tomorrow night and sleeping alone.

To Kyle D. Barrow, an ode to you, for making me a better person, for standing by through 50 fucked up shades of Vernée and for being so amazing and annoying at the same time. To you my love, Everytime I put that ring on I already feel you in my soul.

Honey boo boo, your love is bright as ever, even in the shadows, baby take me, before they turn the lights out. My heart is calling and it's crashing into you, baby kiss me, before they turn the lights out. In the darkest night hour, I'll search through the crowd and baby you're all that I see, I'll give you everything, baby love me lights out. I love you like XO, you love me like XO, you give me more XO, I love you like XO, baby you're all that I see and give me everything, baby love me lights out, can you turn the lights out?

Funny how songs can fully explain how we feel right? 

Not now but forever. 

With endless words left unsaid.
These are the words from my head. 

Just Vernée 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try not to create a space of negativity, my mum always told me, 'If you have nothing good to say, then don't say anything at all'.