Wednesday 27 March 2013

The Power of A Smile

What are you doing right now?

Are you sitting at your computer reading this? Browsing your phone? Are you taking a minute or two out of your busy schedule to get a dose of Vernee? Are you close to a mirror? Go and peep at yourself, are you peeping? Smile at yourself, go on, go ahead, smile, it won't hurt you. 

The power of a smile is so amazing. Monday, I wasn't having the best of days, I was immensely tired and I knew I was going to have a long day, so by the time I made it to town in the afternoon I was pooped. Walking along Swan Street with my Skullcandy's on, and blocking out any outside noises, an old lady happened to look me in my eyes. As our faces locked, she flashed me the most gracious smile that suddenly changed the whole outlook of my day. I thought to myself, if she could see a light inside of me that made her smile, I must be able to see it in someone else far less myself. I smiled then at everyone who's eyes met mine. It was such a lovely feeling. 

In whatever you do, pass a smile to someone, smile at yourself, it really is contagious. Let the power of your smile melt someone's heart, touch someone's life. Remember, you awesome, use your smile to show that!

Love and Light.

*May the road rise to meet you*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try not to create a space of negativity, my mum always told me, 'If you have nothing good to say, then don't say anything at all'.