Monday 25 February 2013

On your mark, get steady, but wait, for what?!?

Life is so precious.

Today marked two funerals in the space of two weeks that I've attended and let me start off by saying that I hate funerals. Mostly because I fear death and the unknown and partly because I think about my loved ones dying and living my life without them. 

I'm not one to quote priests, but the address given was one I've been thinking about for a couple of months now. The young lady, 31 years of age left behind 3 siblings, 4 children, a mother, a father, a fiancee, countless friends and no one had a bad thing to say about her. She was kind, she was a doting mother and she was an equally doting person. At 31, she made her mark on the world, meanwhile they're some who live to 100 who have affected no one. I guess the whole point of this post is to ask you that very question: Why are you here?

We never know the real reason we've been put on this earth, but what we do know is that we have the opportunity to do things so unbelievably awesome that can touch our fellow man. I once wrote an article called 'Are you your brother's keeper?' and it stands true in this case. When is the last time you've helped someone? Made a child laugh? When is the last time you've imparted wisdom and knowledge to your fellow man? When you leave this earth will they have good things to say about you or bad things? What have you done to leave your mark?

We all have a role to play in this theatrical production called life and I'm sure that you can find yours in your heart. Be patient, be kind, be pure, be love but just remember... Be. 


I wanna leave my footprints on the sands of time
Know there was something that, meant something that I left behind
When I leave this world, I'll leave no regrets
Leave something to remember, so they won't forget

I was here
I lived, I loved
I was here
I did, I've done everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here - Beyonce




Were you here?


~Love and Light~


*May The Road Rise To Meet You*




1 comment:

  1. Girl nothing like a funeral to evoke that deep reflection on humanity, on life, on death and yes... on purpose. Whenever someone passes away, my mother always says out loud, "What are we?" Perhaps we should all write a blog post on that one as it would most certainly offer many viewpoints.

    I love that song by Beyonce and it resonates with me as someone who works for change and strives to do my best, in between slumber, to touch at the very least one person's life.

    Blessings sister and keep writing.

    ReplyDelete

I try not to create a space of negativity, my mum always told me, 'If you have nothing good to say, then don't say anything at all'.